The all new Renault Lodgy - the car you have been waiting for

If you have been sincerely following my blog, you would be aware that I won a contest arranged by BlogAdda in association with Renault. The prize was a weekend trip to Goa, and a drive in their latest vehicle - the Renault Lodgy. Last week I wrote an article describing my experience of that wonderful trip. This post is dedicated to that awesome car we drove in Goa.

The following is a brief review of the car. The views presented are my own, and you may or may not agree with them. And that's completely okay. I would also like you to know that I'm no auto expert (yet! I maybe, some day!). So forgive me for any errors. Whatever knowledge I have of the domain is from my 3 years experience working at Bosch.

Renault Lodgy
Credit: Jobo Kuruvilla/Twitter

Before I begin, I would like to state that this car is launched as a MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle). Talking about Renault's success in the Indian market, Duster is the only vehicle which has managed to stay them afloat (note that it was a 5-seater compact SUV). The French OEM would definitely like some of that magic to work for Lodgy as well.

Exteriors and Styling


Renault Lodgy front view
Credit: Jimmie Luthra/Twitter

As far as the exteriors are concerned, I didn't find anything out of the box. But still, the car is charming at the same time. The style followed is standard European. But it has got an Indian touch, which is expected since they are targeting the Indian market! When I say it is Indianized, I refer to the lot of chrome used all around the car. To begin with, the Lodgy branding at the rear is completely made in chrome. The side body mouldings are also made up of chrome.

Renault Lodgy side view
Credit: Jimmie Luthra/Twitter

The front of the car is attractive. The tail lamps give a unique look. Overall, it is an elegant 8-seater MPV from the house of Renault.

Interiors and Comfort features


Interiors of this car is what I liked the most. There are loads of features, including touch screen audio-video-navigation system, steering mounted audio controls, cruise control, tilt-steering, driver side seat height adjust, arm-rest for driver, plenty of storage space, deep door pockets, charging ports in all 3 rows, roof mounted AC vents for all 3 rows. Not to forget the most important ones - ABS and airbags - after all safety is the foremost concern.

The car is spacious . Believe me. The wheelbase is long enough (2.8 m to be accurate). The overall headroom is ample. Sitting in the third row is comfortable, with enough legroom, unlike XUV 500. If compared to Ertiga or Mobilio, Lodgy definitely takes the lead as and when the third row is concerned, which plays a major role in a 8-seater car. If compared to Innova, it is at par for the head and leg room in the third row, but lacks in width!

Ample boot space in the Renault Lodgy
Credit: Ankit Jain/Twitter

Talking about boot space, one can get approximately 1861 litres of boot space by completely removing off the third row, and folding the second one.

Overall, I will give full marks to this car for its interiors.

Ride and Handling


Well, I did not drive the car myself. So, I'll share what others who did, felt about the ride. The suspension is well tuned. This in turn leads to good handling, and hence, a smooth ride. The steering wheel is well-weighted.

What I liked?


1. Touchscreen ICE, cruise control and safety features

2. Spacious third-row seat

3. Ample boot space

4. Outstanding ride quality

5. Balanced dynamics and handling

6. Smartly priced

What I didn't like?


1. Common style and exteriors, nothing outstanding.

Verdict


If you are looking for a family car,
You do not have to look any far.
Get this one with awesome interiors,
And let everyone see what you are.

I was a part of the #LiveLodgycal Drive by BlogAdda.com in association with Renault India.

4 comments:

  1. Real awesome car with great style and interior design. My Dad also looking for a used car hope if we will find one at low rates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the space inside the vehicle. hopefully it will be affordable to my budget. Thank you for analyzing and evaluating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Styles do not stand out, but the space inside the car is pretty good. thank you for this article

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.